Ladenburg Thalmann Alternative Strategies Fund
Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management provides access to alternative investment solutions to qualified high net worth clients and institutional investors such as private equity, hedge funds, and funds of funds. The business is engaged in a full array of operating activities including ongoing due diligence, risk management, asset allocation, investor relations, wholesaling, third-party negotiations and oversight.
Our investment managers have a wealth of asset management experience employing proprietary methodologies. The due diligence process implemented with each of the products requires rigorous screening and on-going monitoring over the life of an investment. Investment selection is based on several factors including: a historical ability to consistently out-perform their peers, adherence to their stated investment style, expertise in the use of leverage and a fundamental understanding of risk management.
Investing in alternative investments is speculative, not suitable for all clients, and intended for experienced and sophisticated investors who are willing to bear the high economic risks of the investment, which can include;
- Loss of all or a substantial portion of the investment due to leveraging, short-selling or other speculative investment practices.
- Lack of liquidity in that there may be no secondary market for the fund and none expected to develop.
- Volatility of returns.
- Restrictions on transferring interests in the fund.
- Potential lack of diversification and resulting higher risk due to oncentration of trading authority with a single advisor.
- Absence of information regarding valuations and pricing.
- Delays in tax reporting.
- Less regulation and higher fees than mutual funds; and advisor risk.